Sep 6, 2011

Garland Fair

I made this  four years ago. I dyed this linen with a petal of Marigold.



Blackbird Designs
Loose Feathers Pattern #16
Garland Fair
Fibers: Recommended  Gentle Art   Maple Syrup


 I dyed this linen with a petal of Marigold.
Linen of the bottom is Belfast Linen Cream.  Upper linen was dyed in Marigold.





The petal is cryopreserved. A color and the fragrance seem to be still all right.
I want to challenge hand dyeing again.
I do not have knowledge of the dyeing. I do not use mordanting and the stabilizer. Therefore there may be deterioration by the aging. I think that it is tasteful.







4 comments:

  1. Your framed piece is beautiful as usual Sana! I love the added lace to the sides. Also good luck with dyeing!! I have always wanted to try my hand at dyeing. I think Marigold is good. Have you tried walnut shells or coffee? There are a lot of options out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks beautiful ... well done with the dying and good luck in trying others too :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never seen this chart before and it sure is gorgeous! You stitched it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching as always! I love the frame, it's gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete